One of the most storied establishments in the country, the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA) of America is one of the world’s largest sports organizations that employs nearly 29,000 professionals who work tirelessly to increase interest for the game of golf all across the country. The PGA has been working within the world of golf for 100 years, hosting numerous events including the PGA Championships, KPMG Women’s PGA Championships, and the Ryder Cup. These tournaments are some of the most prestigious in the sport of golf and always draw the national eye to wherever they are held.
The PGA’s headquarters have been located in Palm Beach County, Florida for upwards of four decades. However, following a decision made in December of 2018, the PGA is planning to move their headquarters to Frisco, Texas, Money Magazine’s 2018 Best Place to Live in America! Frisco will be adding another exciting new piece to their already massive and impactful sports culture! The headquarters will be a “600-acre, mixed-use development with an initial investment worth more than half a billion dollars.” This agreement between the City of Frisco and the PGA is estimated to have a massive economic impact with more than $2.5 billion over the next 20 years.
The new headquarters will include two championship golf courses, a short course, and 45 holes worth of practice areas along with a 500-room Omni resort and 127,000-square-foot conference center. The headquarters are expected to open in 2022. “The PGA of America is teaming with Omni Stillwater Woods (OSW), a joint venture led by Omni Hotels & Resorts with Stillwater Capital and Woods Capital; the City of Frisco, as well as its Economic and Community Development Corporations; and the Frisco Independent School District,” according to the official release from the city. A lot of moving pieces had to fall into place to make this deal work, and everyone involved saw the benefits for them and their partners.
Not only will this move benefit the commercial success of Frisco, Texas, but it also gives greater opportunities to high school golfers and other young players to practice at the new facilities.
Outside of the economic possibilities this move would have for both the city of Frisco and the organization of the PGA, the PGA looked at Frisco as a whole and noticed how safe the community is. It’s easy to say as Mayor of Frisco, Jeff Cheney, the founder of the Cheney Group, has always put the safety of the public as his number one priority. As a resident, he understands just as well as anyone else the importance of public safety. He makes sure that over half of the city’s budget goes to fund public safety!
Being named the Best Place to Live in America, Frisco boasts numerous amazing communities that continuously prove time and time again just how accurate this distinction is!
“Certainly, the residents that live here know what a great place it is to live and enjoy all those things,” Mayor Jeff Cheney said. “To see the national attention and recognition for Frisco is really exciting. We’ve been trying to spread our message across the country, and people are certainly starting to take notice.”
The PGA’s presence will add to the prestige already found within Frisco. There are plenty of neighborhoods being developed or already developed in Frisco within a short distance from the future site of the PGA.
Neighborhoods within 2 miles of the facility include
- Somerset Park – named number 2 on the Nation’s top 10 Busiest Submarkets for Construction by realpage.com and being just 30 minutes from downtown Dallas and 45 minutes from Fort Worth, Somerset Park sits as a highly desirable area with its easy commute times. The Star, Dr. Pepper Arena and Ballpark are in close proximity to this neighborhood with its homes’ size ranging from 2,448 to 4,087 sq. ft. and listings starting at $419,990.
- Glen View – a beautiful neighborhood that includes bike and walking trails, community playgrounds and a meditation garden. Glen View is conveniently located near Lewisville Lake, the Star, and Frisco Town Square with their homes ranging from $3334,990 – $475,990 in price.
- Grayhawk – stretching over 100 acres of scenic, naturally sculpted open space with walking trails, this community’s centerpiece is a beautiful large pond with fountains within it. Gazebos can be found throughout this wonderful neighborhood along with three community swimming pools. Current home pricing begins at $295,000 with a median sale price of $358,900.
- Christie Ranch – this community includes a neighborhood park and pool. Christie Ranch is a great place to raise a family, sitting just 10 miles near private schools Legacy Christian Academy and Montessori. The homes built in 2005 have a current price range starting at $210,000.
- Newman Village – the neighborhood offers running trails, a playground for kids, and a Central Plaza for residents to enjoy art pieces. Filled with expressive sculptures and homes inspired by European and Mediterranean architecture, Newman Village is arguably the most luxurious of the neighborhoods in Frisco. Homes in this prestigious neighborhood start at $579,000.
- Emerson Estates – located just 2 minutes from Dallas North Tollway, this neighborhood is in the perfect location. The community includes a playground and a swimming pool for families to enjoy. Home sizes can vary from 2,692 to 4,377 sq. ft. with prices starting at $481,990.
- Cobb Farm – this young community is just a little over a decade old with a connected community that meets at the playground and pool. Most lots in Cobb Farm are spread out, allowing you to feel like you aren’t so crowded by your neighbors. Plus, it is easily accessible to both Collin County Community College and the University of North Texas. Current prices range from $419,900 to $449,990.
Some neighborhoods within 3 miles include
- Eldorado Fairways – a young neighborhood developed in the early 2000s, this community includes a neighborhood park and pool. The size of the homes sits at 2,165 to 4,782 sq. ft. with a starting price at $278,000.
- The Fairways – lined with cobblestone streets and charming stylized light post, this neighborhood contains a community pool as well as the Trails Golf Course running throughout the area. With a wide variety of housing options starting at a price of $298,000 and sizes ranging from 1,811 to 8,670 sq. ft. in size, the options are plenty.
- Griffin Parc – this community has a French cottage-style feel that sets it apart from other neighborhoods. Hike and bike trails can be found within the neighborhood. Pink Elementary and Griffin Middle School, two exemplary rated schools by the Texas Education Agency, are both located in the neighborhood. Current pricing in this neighborhood begins at $359,000 and go as high as $1,659,900.
- The Trails – residents of the Trails have access to the neighborhood pool, playground, park and pond found there. They also have access to the golf course running through their community. Nearby attractions include the Frisco Square, Fieldhouse USA, and Lake Lewisville which all pair nicely with the homes, ranging from $299,745 to $750,000.
- Shaddock Estates – This neighborhood includes 455 home sites developed in two phases along with a 6-acre public park and many walking trails. There is also 17 additional acres of open green grass for children to play and an amenity center. Schools in the highly acclaimed Frisco ISD are within walking distance. Sizes of the homes range from 2,000 to 3,800 sq. ft. with a starting price of $430,000.
- Heather Ridge – containing a working amenity center, playground located on its north side, and a community pool, this neighborhood boasts a busy social calendar with movie nights for the kids and casino night for adults. $335,000 to $599,999 is what the homes are ranging for in this neighborhood.
- Cobb Hill – a relatively quiet, family-friendly community which features a large park where many neighborhood events are held all throughout the year. Containing over 271 homes, these families are in close proximity to entertainment like Dr. Pepper Ballpark, The Star, Toyota Stadium, and Shawnee Trail Park. Prices for the homes start at $375,000 with a median sale price of $445,000.
Leading Frisco Experts
Finding a new home in this rapidly growing and busy city can be difficult, but there are experts in the Frisco area that can assist future homeowners in deciding where to find their new home. The Cheney Group realtors are the perfect individuals and experts at understanding the great city of Frisco. The agents at the Cheney Group make sure that new homeowners receive care and personal attentiveness to make the purchasing process painless.
The Cheney Group has spent years providing quality service to homeowners. Every member of this team understands what it’ like to search for a new home and a new community. They all went through this exact process themselves as they all decided to choose Frisco as their home! If you still need convincing of the group’s expertise, look no further than Jeff Cheney himself who was elected Mayor of Frisco in 2017. Mayor Cheney understands the area of Frisco and surrounding cities very well and has earned the trust and respect of his peers that they deemed him the perfect fit to lead this great city. He was an integral part of bringing the PGA headquarters to Frisco.
If you are looking on becoming a new homeowner and have any questions on new development in any of these growing neighborhoods, then do not be afraid to contact the Cheney Group! We are happy to answer any of your questions whether they are about our involvement with the PGA move or just interested in buying or selling a home. We would love to help.
PGA in the Media
Lifestyle Frisco: https://lifestylefrisco.com/pga-of-america-relocating-to-frisco-texas/
Business Facilities: https://businessfacilities.com/2018/12/pga-america-relocating-hq-frisco-texas/
Sports Illustrated: https://www.si.com/golf/2018/12/05/pga-america-frisco-texas-major-championships