Legends of the Fall Housing Market in Texas
With it being the beginning of Fall, we thought it would be a great time to revisit the subject of whether or not it’s a good idea to try and sell your home in the months before winter. If you ask some, they’d likely tell you that it is not a smart idea to list your home in the fall and you should instead hold off until spring. However, we don’t necessarily agree. Due in large part to Texas’ thriving economy and real estate market, there really is no ‘bad’ time to list your home in the Lone Star state.
One of the most common questions we get is, “is this a good time to be selling a home?” While there are always pros and cons that should be considered when it comes time to make the decision of whether or not to put your home on the market, we are advocates for selling your home when the time is right for you, not depending on what season it is. This is especially true in Texas, as blizzards and hazardous conditions aren’t as much as a concern as in other parts of the country.
When it comes to selling your Frisco home in the fall, there are many factors that need to be taken into consideration. A knowledgeable Realtor at The Cheney Group will be able to go over both the upside and the downside to listing your home this time of year, helping you decide whether this is the right move for your particular case.
Tips to Increase Home Buyer Appeal
Again, while many people in real estate believe that selling a home during the fall and winter months is not a good idea and you should wait until spring, we aren’t going to tell you to do this, for many reasons. The housing market in North Texas is on absolute fire, with homes flying off the market at a record pace and sellers not having any issues getting what they are asking, or even more, in some cases. With this in mind, let’s take a look at a few considerations when listing your North Texas home in the fall:
- Clean Up Your Yard – One of the biggest issues people have when it comes to selling their home in the fall is all in the yard. As the leaves begin to fall, it is imperative that you focus on eliminating clutter and any other safety hazards that may present during the cooler months. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Focus on keeping your yard, walkways, and gutters free of leaves and other debris
- Mow your lawn on a regular basis
- Trim trees so gusts of wind don’t knock down branches and cause any damage
- Make sure your front entryway has a good doormat so people aren’t tracking water and mud through your home
- Wash your decks and patios
- Clean the fireplace (if applicable)
- Focus on Curb Appeal – As you are likely aware, curb appeal is one of the most important things when it comes to selling your home, regardless of what season it is. When trying to sell your home in the fall, consider planting seasonal flowers or placing pumpkins and other autumn decorations along your walkway and front porch. Be tasteful with your decorations and don’t go overboard, but do incorporate some elements that will attract potential buyers during this season.
- Set the Mood and Keep the Space Cozy – There is just something about fall that many of us love, from pumpkin spice lattes and cozy sweaters to the beautiful colors. It is important to remember why so many people love fall when attempting to sell your home this time of year, and incorporate certain elements into your home. Warm up your home with a fresh coat of paint, candles, and even some additional lamps, you will be surprised at how far these small steps will go in setting the mood and drawing people into your home.
For more tips on selling your Frisco home this fall, please do not hesitate to contact The Cheney Group.