There is a lot of excitement surrounding Frisco and other communities throughout North Texas right now, and for good reason. From the Dallas Cowboys’ new event center in Frisco to new construction within luxurious communities like Frisco Station and Wade Park underway, we are seeing a lot of movement in the area. In fact, there is so much going on that it can be hard to keep tabs on everything. This is why we thought it would be helpful to give you an update on some of the hottest things coming to our area. The Cheney Group works hard to stay on top of everything real estate related in our area. Whether you are considering a move to Frisco, Plano, or elsewhere in North Texas, or are simply curious about what is going on, we are a resource you can count on. As always, if you have any questions about the information below or would like to learn more about a particular community or development, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Here is a look at a few of the latest restaurants, event centers, and other happenings in North Texas communities:
- Rock and Brews Restaurant, A KISS Band Members’ Establishment. That’s right, The Colony will soon be home to the restaurant chain Rock and Brews, which is fronted by KISS band members Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. Opening in January 2016, the restaurant concept will be located near the brand new, huge Nebraska Furniture Mart.
- Lava Cantina, An 1,800 Seat Concert Venue. Not only is The Colony getting a rock’n’roll restaurant, but a breathtaking concert venue is also coming to the community in 2016. Lava Cantina is being described as a Hard Rock Cafe meets The House of Blues, and developers and residents alike couldn’t be more excited about the project.
- The Dallas Cowboys’ Frisco Event Center Gets a New Name. On September 11th, the city of Frisco announced that the event center at The Star in Frisco would be getting a new name: Ford Center at the Star. According to those close to the project, Ford was chosen as a partner in the event center in large part because of its dynamic approach to business and the fact that they believe the company can adequately convey what the Cowboys are trying to accomplish in Frisco.
- New VA Clinic Coming to Collin County. Plano will soon be home to a new veterans clinic, called VA Community-Based Outpatient Clinic. This announcement comes after several years of a noticeable need for a clinic that would provide compassion and high-quality care to the many veterans in North Texas. Look for the clinic to open its doors in Spring of 2016.
- New Venues Coming to Wade Park. Frisco’s 175-acre Wade Park recently announced it has signed on more tenants, including The Rustic outdoor patio, bar, and restaurant, Arhaus furniture store, Whole Foods Market, Hotel Zaza, iPic Theaters, Torchy’s Tacos, and Bread Zeppelin, to name a few.
- Plano is Getting a Luxury Apartment Building. Within the next three years, Plano will become home to a 30-story luxury apartment building. The 312-unit building will feature a glass curtain wall in an oval design, which is a far cry from the traditional rectangle design with punched windows. Construction is expected to begin in the second quarter of 2016.
- A Public Market is Coming to Frisco. As Frisco continues to grow, city planners are turning to a giant open air market in order to bridge the gap between the various communities. Centrally located near Toyota Stadium, Frisco Square, and old downtown, planners hope that the market will become a hub and popular pedestrian locale.
Be sure to check back with The Cheney Group for other updates and announcements regarding the latest happenings in North Texas!