It’s no secret that buying a new home is exciting, let alone building the home of your dreams from the ground up. Buying a new construction home means you have the first and last say in every aspect of your home, including the size of your lot, the model of the home, the interior finishes, and any upgrades. Unfortunately, many people mistakenly believe they do not need to use a Realtor when building their own home. However, buying a new construction home is serious business that requires the expertise of a professional Realtor. As most people are aware, buying a home is an expensive transaction that comes with many financial implications, paperwork, and challenges. These are just a couple of the reasons why it is a good idea to obtain representation from a qualified and knowledgeable Realtor. Headed by Jeff Cheney, The Cheney Group is Frisco’s #1 home selling team and the right choice when it comes to finding someone who not only knows the area, but takes a hands-on approach to helping you find the home or lot of your dreams.
If you are considering a new construction home purchase, here are a few of the main benefits to having a Realtor from The Cheney Group on your side:
- Builder sales reps represent the builder, not the buyer. While builder sales reps are great resources that will help answer questions about the home in question, it is important to remember that they are contractually obligated to represent the builder. This means that even though they are there to assist in the overall purchase of the home, they don’t necessarily have your best interests in mind. By bringing in your own professional Realtor, you will have a trusted resource on your side that will help you navigate the complex home-buying process.
- We will look at for your best interests financially. Another great benefit to using an experienced Realtor is that our responsibility is to you, and only you. So, in using a Realtor, you will have someone who is looking out for your best financial interests and a professional who is contractually obligated to protect you. A licensed Realtor will be able to help you navigate the new construction contract, explain how specific clauses, riders, and upgrade options work, and make sure you fully understand what you are committing to before signing.
- We will help you negotiate a better deal. One of the number one reasons why it is crucial that you use a Realtor when buying a new construction home is the negotiation process. Once you have made all the decisions regarding the model of your home and what upgrades you want, your Realtor can get to work on your behalf to negotiate the terms. This is extremely difficult to do as an independent party, so if you want to get the best deal possible, always use a Realtor.
- You will be able to use our connections. All of us as Realtors have an extensive network of professionals that you will have access to when using them to buy a new construction home. From a trustworthy inspector to a helpful lender, your Realtor will be by your side throughout the entire process and provide you with access to these handy connections.
- You don’t pay for our services, the builder does. It is a common misconception that using a Realtor will end up costing you, but on the contrary, it is more likely to end up saving you – and in more ways than one! However, the truth of the matter is that you don’t pay our commission, the builder does. Keep in mind that some builders may tell you that you will get a bigger discount if you don’t use a Realtor, but this is simply not true. In most cases, the builder has a set allowance the rep can freely disclose or offer, but a good Realtor can negotiate beyond this.
Buying a home is no small feat, which is why it is in your best interest to retain the services of a Realtor from The Cheney Group when purchasing your new construction home. To learn more about our services and how we can help, please give us a call today!